Thursday, September 7, 2023

"Accountability?"

 

“Accountability?”

By Jim Culp

September 7, 2023

 

I saw yesterday that the USA is sending another one billion dollars to Ukraine. Well, that’s nice. But I have a few comments as well as some suggestions.

When I was in Iraq in 2003-2004, I wore several hats besides the helmet that I wore daily, and let me tell you, that got really old really fast. But another hat I wore was the Field Ordering Officer…in short…that guy who orders all the stuff that the Army didn’t give us that we needed.

So, I would go to the office tent that was used as a pay section, and sign for $10,000 dollars in US currency. When I used that portion up, I could go back and get more. During this time, I ordered comfort items for my troops, and proper tools to build furniture, sandbags, etc.

My point here is not to bore the living hell out of you, it is to make a point. During that time, I had to account for every single penny of that money to the last penny. Why? I was the taxpayer’s money.

So, tell me…when we send some country a billion dollars, wouldn’t up expect the receiver to have to account for that much money? I think they damn sure should. When I was in Iraq, I can personally tell you that if I hadn’t kept account of one penny of that money, I would be sharing a cell with Bubba at Fort Leavenworth. My anal retention would be zero after that first month.

Why are we broke? I’ll have a few suggestions in my next blog.

Jim Culp

Follow me at jimculp@blogspot.com

Follow me on Facebook

A Vision of Tomorrow

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment